The Applied Technology Department offers a multitude of Drafting/Design courses and sections. Most of our classes are offered at the Santa Rosa Campus, and are housed in two state-of-the-art computer labs in Shuhaw Hall. Courses can be found with an emphasis in General Drafting/Design, Mechanical Engineering, Civil and Survey Technology, and Architecture. Although the department does not offer a certificate program in Drafting/Design, our classes have proven to be of interest to the prospective student for a number of reasons.
- UC and CSU transfer credit for technical-based degrees
- Core curriculum requirements within Applied Tech certificate programs
- Core curriculum requirements in other technically-oriented certificate programs at SRJC
- Skill upgrades for local professionals
- Gain Drafting/Design skills to become employable as a computer-aided drafter/designer
An ongoing licensing agreement with software manufacturer AutoDesk allows the department to provide students with the latest and most widely used AutoCAD-based software packages available. Course topics include: 2D and 3D drafting/design, complete working drawing format and documentation, photo-realistic rendering, and computer animation
Classes are offered days, evenings, and on weekends. See APTECH, SURV, CEST, ARCH, CONST, and ENGR sections in SRJC's Schedule of Classes, and applicable sections on the Applied Technology Department’s Web page to locate these courses.
For further information:
Architecture, Construction, Drafting & Design Programs
Office Phone #: (707) 527-4634